Date(s) - Sat 2/23/2019
2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
ReikiSpace & Learning Place
2793 Old Post Rd., Suite 10
Harrisburg, PA 17110
This workshop is intended for anyone who has an interest in bringing Reiki into health care settings in a professional and practical way. Learning objectives are as follows:
• Describe why holistic modalities like Reiki are now being embraced by health care systems
• Identify credible research
• Define Reiki in a professional manner
• Explore what Reiki looks like in a health care setting
• Identify key stakeholders and the importance of staff buy-in
• Differentiate Reiki myth vs fact
• Explain the critical elements of documentation
• Examine the ethics of Reiki in healthcare settings
• Identify successful hospital Reiki programs
• Recognize signs of burnout and identify self-care techniques
Helene has over ten years of direct experience sharing Reiki in hospital and hospice settings. Learn how Reiki in health care works from an insider’s perspective.
Helene is a member of the American Holistic Nurses Association and is a Graduate Teacher of the International House of Reiki. She is certified in Karuna Reiki®, Animal Reiki and Reiki Drumming. Helene has over ten years of experience providing Reiki sessions in a hospital setting and also has a well-established private practice where she provides sessions and teaches classes. She has presented information on Reiki and holistic health care at two national nursing conferences, participated in a large-scale hospital-based Reiki research study, implemented and facilitated a hospital Reiki Volunteer Program and in 2013 established the Lancaster Community Reiki Clinic. Her passion is in promoting Reiki in health care and educating the community about the many benefits of Reiki.
“This activity has been submitted to the American Holistic Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 6 contact hours requested.”
Bookings are closed for this event.