Managing Holiday Stress
1) SMILE – Increases Serotonin (feel-good hormone) for you and the recipient! Improves you Immune System and Wellness
2)Meditate – actually changes your brain for increased Happiness. Twice a day for 10 minutes each keeps Cortisol reduced. Deep breathing calms your body and you think clearer. Focus on a word or mantra – “I AM too Blessed to be stressed”. Can do walking Meditation (Meditation Evening first Thurs. of every month in ReikiSpace).
3) Gratitude- cultivates Happiness. Physiologically impossible to be stressed and grateful at the same time. Gratitude Journal- 3-5 things every morning and evening. Floods us with endorphins which energize us and enhance our health
4)Random acts of Kindness – Doing nice things for others increases our own Happiness. What you extend to others you get back 10 fold.
5) Socializing/Social Support
6) Creative outlets – journaling, Art
7)Music- health and stress benefits
8)Laughter- reduces stress hormones, increases endorphins, strengthens immune system, increases energy and reduces fatigue. Fun/ Play/ Share your Joy! Keep things in perspective!
9)Setting Boundaries and Priorities – Address problems rather than being negative or complaining. Honor your core values. Learn to say NO. Offer a solution- Visualize and help create it. Wayne Dyer says “You’ll see it when you Believe it”
If angry ask: a) Is it worth it? b) Is my anger appropriate c) Is there something I can do about it? d) Is it worth it?. If YES – express in a healthy way
10) Eat Breakfast. Skipping breakfast increases Cortisol for the entire day.
12) Get help- talk about it
13) Relaxation Exercises
14) Be Positive
16) Self care is not Selfish! Filling yourself up allows you to share from a Healthy place so you won’t feel drained, burned out or resentful.
17) DO LESS- You DO have a Choice!
18) REIKI ~ Peaceful , Relaxing, Centering, Balancing, Grounding